Thursday, February 11, 2010

Houdini

In the mornings, Chubbs usually wakes up around 7:15, yells until he wakes me up, and then I bring him into our bedroom where he runs around finding books and demanding to be read to. This buys me an extra 15 minutes in bed, and even though I'm not sleeping, any little bit helps. This morning was no different. We read The Mitten, Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, and The Velveteen Rabbit before I dragged myself out of bed.

I was hunting for my slippers when Chubbs went running by and I noticed something weird about his left ankle. It seemed padded. And for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why or how he had stuffed some sort of cloth, or maybe a sock, into his pajamas. As he turned to run the other direction, I noticed his butt looked decidedly less padded (read: he no longer had a butt, for which he has his father to thank). Do you understand what happened?

The kid had somehow managed to take off his diaper INSIDE HIS ZIP-UP PAJAMAS, and it was hanging out around his left ankle. After brief visions of a high school graduation streaking debacle, I scooped him up and remedied the situation. At least he didn't pee everywhere while he was free as a bird. However, for full disclosure, I feel I ought to mention that it was a poopy one.

No comments: