Thursday, May 28, 2009

Squeaky Clean

I went grocery shopping with Chubbs today.  I didn't bring a list because we needed so many things that I figured I'd just go up and down the aisles and grab whatever looked good.  This is a dangerous strategy, by the way, and we often end up with several kinds of cookies when I employ this shopping method.  Anyway, we walked by the personal care aisle, and I remembered that we needed some hand soap and lotion for the kitchen sink area.

I prefer to buy natural and/or organic products because I feel better about not having random chemicals that may do weird things as they absorb into my skin.  So I read the labels on a few different kinds of soap, looked at the prices, smelled them, and decided on a Hugo Naturals soap.  I looked around for some corresponding lotion, but a couple trips up and down the aisle proved fruitless.  So instead I decided to go with the Burt's Bees hand soap because there was a bottle of lotion right next to it.  Very convenient.

We finished our shopping with much yelling from Chubbs and a bit of shock on my part in regards to how much the bill was.

When we got home, I put all the groceries away, washed my hands with the new soap (grapefruit ginger!), and rubbed some of the new lotion (shea butter and milk) into my hands.  It was a little sticky, but it eventually absorbed and felt pretty nice.

That evening when Chris got home, he noticed my purchase.  "So you went ahead and made an executive decision on the soap?  It had better smell good."  To test it he washed his hands and approved of the grapefruit ginger smell.

"But why'd you get two kinds of soap?"

Oh.  That would explain the stickiness.  And why I thought Burt's Bees was the only one to have lotion right next to the hand soap.

3 comments:

merritt said...

i love you and i'm so glad you're blogging! i have hugo naturals lotion that is my favorite. the soap sounds amazing. xoxo

Annie said...

For a second I thought you were gonna say that Chubbs had added some soap or lotion to the grocery cart! Too bad he didn't add some lotion, huh?

Emily said...

Mo, i have done the same thing before! Once when i was travelling, I lotioned up with those little bottles exuberantly, rubbing my dry hands and face in abudance. for about an hour, i wondered why i felt sticky, thought i needed more lotion, and kept applying. A while later, when i went to wash my hands, i noticed they were extra bubbly and figured out my mistake. I laughed so hard at myself for being such a spacey spaz! it still makes me giggle to see the little shampoo bottles when i travel...