Monday, September 20, 2010

Exploding Heads

Yowza. We have been busy.

When I was little, my dad was a Certified Public Accountant who did other people's taxes. This meant that for the entire month of March and half of April, we didn't see him. Literally. September is kind of like that for Chris; it's his tax season. The membership year at his tennis club begins October 1, so September is filled with trying to get people to renew their memberships by appreciating them with Member Appreciation Month, which basically means that he works at least 70 hours every week.

Meanwhile, I struggle to be both a part time Registered Nurse and a full time Mom/Housekeeper/Cook/Incubator. What this means in layman's terms is that I am treading water while slowly being carried out to sea. A sea of guitars, stuffed monkeys, dump trucks, and blocks, with a little dirty laundry and a lot of dog hair mixed in. Plus, for some reason I had the fabulous idea to pick up some extra shifts at work. It always seems like a good idea at the time, and then when those extra days roll around, I'm like, "What the hell was I thinking?" Extra money is NOT worth it. Well, it's kind of worth it, but it would be a lot easier if someone would just give me that extra money for free.

I am sure other mothers handle this much better than I do. But all I can do is grit my teeth and tell myself that maybe I'll get to sleep in October.

10 more days...

No comments: