Monday, April 19, 2010

Boot Couture

Chris and I don't really get out much anymore. Not that we really got out all that much before having a child, but I like to think we were a fairly fun, hip, young couple. You could find us at the neighborhood bar for happy hour on the patio on a spring afternoon. We kept up with the openings of hot, new restaurants. We knew about what was going on, you know, in the real world.

Now? Not so much. I only know about new music if I happen to hear something I haven't heard before on the radio, and then happen to remember who they said the artist was. I now totally understand why my mom has NO idea who any '80s bands are, or really what happened during the '80s in general.

I mean, we try to do date night on occasion, but it's usually not anywhere terribly exciting. Which is why I don't often get to wear any of my fancy shoes. Luckily for me, my son is extremely gifted at repurposing items around the house. What? You thought that was a dump truck? No, it's really more of a step stool. And this eraser? He prefers to think of it more as a snack.

And as for Momma's fancy shoes?


A great alternative to a pantry.

2 comments:

Monica said...

This is great!!

Annie said...

Haha, food in a boot, but of course!

At least you happen to catch new music every now and then. I have NO clue what any new music is at ALL anymore. I only know who Raffi is at this point. :-)