Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

And we're back.  Finally.  We have just gone a week and a half without internet at our house.  You never realize how much you depend on the internet to stay connected to the world until you have to be without it.  I mean, I had to restrict my facebook time to when I was at work.  Seriously, how am I supposed to stay connected to my "friends" when I can only read their status updates at work?  Alright, I could have picked up the phone and called people, but where's the weird, voyeuristic anonymity in that?

And to make matters worse, it stopped working this morning.  After a measly 12 hours online, we were once again cut off from the world.  It was like, here, have a taste.  Delicious, isn't it?  Go ahead, have a little more.  So sweet...  Now NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!  Mwahahaha!

So I called Qwest and was connected to a very nice man named Antonio who assured me that we would "go through several steps and diagnose your problem, ma'am, do not worry."  And sure enough, several steps later, we had, indeed, diagnosed my problem.  In order to dispel any lingering doubt, Antonio then recapped the exact course of events that led to the diagnosis.

And so here I am, happily reading facebook status updates of people I haven't talked to in 10 years.  I have to admit, it is a bit sad that in order to feel connected, no, more than that, complete, I have to have internet.  I mean, I could probably survive without it, but it would be a sad, meager life filled with angst and tears.

And now I need to go to bed so that I can get 45 minutes of sleep before Chubbs wakes up.  Ugh.

No comments: