Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gross, both outside and inside

It is snowing/sleeting/raining outside today, and there are big piles of slush/snow everywhere, which means I will, under no circumstances, be heading out for a walk today.  Luckily, Morris had a long day at doggie daycare (yes, doggie daycare) yesterday, and is currently passed out in his bed.  Cormac is also passed out in his bed after a long morning of trying out convertible carseats (on which we spent waaaay too much money).

So, since I had a little time on my hands, I thought I'd clean out the fridge.  Here is a sampling of what I found:
A container with a few baby carrots and two cherry tomatoes, with a sell-by date of 2/24/08.  Covered in mold.
A small bowl of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce from who knows when.  I think these may still be  OK.
A yogurt container with some unidentifiable leftovers that look vaguely like cole slaw.  Covered  in mold.
The heels from three loaves of bread.
Two half-used bottles of teriyaki sauce.
And, drumroll please, some cut up winter squash from December of 08.  Covered in mold that  looks like blue cheese.

I took all of this, and more, out of the fridge, got overwhelmed, and put it all back in.  My reasoning was that since it is snowing/sleeting/raining outside, I wouldn't be able to take the garbage out right away, and I didn't want the squash with blue cheese mold stinking up the house.  So everything is still in the fridge, and I am online.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hi Mo -- I just found your blog -- this will be fun!!

Love,
Aunt Monica